Sumit BeraMon, Jun 1, 2020 11:00 AM
The Best Cryptocurrency Mining Pools In 2020
How to choose a mining pool? How to avoid stale shares? The pros and cons of different services.
What is a cryptocurrency mining pool?
A “mining pool" is a server that distributes the task of calculating the block signature between all connected participants. The contribution of each of them is evaluated using the so-called “shares”, which are potential candidates for receiving a signature. As soon as one of the “shares” hits the target, the pool announces the readiness of the block and distributes the reward.
However, if you participate in the pool, then you will have to share the profit with all the participants in the pool, but for the majority, this usually is the most profitable option.
Which pool is better for mining?
The best mining pools should meet the following criteria:
- Minimum commission for using their services (mining and funds withdrawal);
- 24/7 availability to monitor all the steps of mining;
- Honesty, reliability and a long time of existence (among the owners of pools some scammers steal part of the power of miners and dissolve into oblivion with the funds earned by miners);
- The high computing power of the pool makes it more likely that blocks will be found regularly (with low pool power, all work may be wasted due to the low probability of finding blocks);
- A small ping from the user's mining equipment to the pool servers to ensure timely receipt of tasks from the pool and minimize the number of stale shares;
- If the mining power is small, it is worth paying attention to the minimum payout threshold so that you do not have to wait for it for a long time.
Key selection criteria
To select a good pool for each specific cryptocurrency, you need to carefully study all the information available about it on its website and on the forums.
To reduce the number of stale shares, it is better to mine on the pool closest to the miner. You can choose the fastest mining pool by studying the information about the processing speed of the share in the mining program or by pinging the time it takes for the signal to pass from the miner's computer to the servers of the pool.
10 most popular and powerful pools: Description
Coins: BTC, BCH, BSV, LTC, ETH, ETC, ZEC, DASH, XMR, CKB
Commission: 3%, lifetime discount: 1%
- The Chinese top-3 pool, which has been operating since 2014;
- Mines with the most up-to-date and power-efficient mining hardware;
- Provides good tech support and stable signal mining servers;
- A full-fledged platform with a wallet and the ability to exchange coins.
Coins: BTC, BSV, BCH, LTC, ETC, ETH, DASH
Commission: 0%. There is a donation option: 0.5% of the income
- One of the largest pools in CIS countries;
- FPPS + award system;
- Daily payouts;
- No minimum withdrawal threshold;
- 24/7 support;
- The pool has a high stable income and its servers are located around the world;
- There are applications for iOS and Android that allow you to track mining processes from the phone.
Coins: ETH, ETC, ZEC
- Fast ping;
- Servers are located in Europe, Asia, and the USA;
- Weekly payouts regardless of the mined amount;
- No registration required;
- User-friendly interface;
- Monitoring of all steps of the process on a smartphone.
Coins: BTC, LTC, and many other coins
- The Chinese pool, which has been operating with high power since 2013;
- Registration is needed;
- World-leading advanced technology for mining;
- Transparent revenue and unique architecture to effectively prevent DDoS attacks.
Coins: XMR, ETH, ETC, SiaCoin, ZEC, PASC, ETN
- Good ping;
- Monero payment from 1 coin;
- It provides a convenient interface and monitoring applications on smartphones without registration.
Coins: BTC, BSV, BCH, LTC
- Automatically switches to mining the most profitable coin according to the selected algorithm with conversion to the user-defined cryptocurrency;
- Registration is required.
Coins: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC, ZEC, DASH, XLM, EOS, USDT, LINK, BAT, ZRX, HOT, OMG, REP, BTG, NEXO, MATIC, ENJ, SNT, ELF, BNT, KNC, POLY, MTL + 20 more.
- Multi-language interface;
- Automatic switching to mining the most profitable coins with conversion to Bitcoin;
- Registration is required;
- Large withdrawal fees;
- Provides cloud mining services.
Coins: ETH, ETC, PASC, LTC, Zcash, BTG, DASH, FTC, VTC
- Exists since 2014;
- The Polish pool with a small commission;
- Small ping for countries close to Poland.
- Operates since 2014;
- The French pool with a low commission;
- The payout from 0.3 coins;
- No registration required;
- Less mining difficulty than on other pools.
Coins: ETH, ETC, MOAC, CLO
- Low commission, good ping;
- Russian mining pool without registration;
- Fully transparent pool statistics;
- Detailed personal statistics of miners.
Independent Pool Statistics
To make sure that the pools work and really exist, check independent sources. These are: